Summers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising Guide

2 posters

Go down

Advertising Guide Empty Advertising Guide

Post  Aphrodite Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 pm

First of all i want to answer the question, why advertise?
Advertising helps expand our community and means more people are online to fight and play with. Also if needed, I will suggest some tags in-game so there will be an advertisement team tag, which you're free to join if you show your proof.

Methods of Advertising:

There are many different methods of advertising, may i say first of all that it is not recommended that you advertise on other peoples servers as they may become annoyed and may retalliate. Wouldn't you get annoyed if someone advertised on our server?

Skype/MSN: If you have any contacts on any IM application such as Skype or MSN that are interested in runescape you can quitwe simply point them towards our server, this is quite simple but you could also introduce someone who has never played a private server to this game.

Real Life Friends: This works if you have friends who are interested in Runescape or private servers, there is no point introducing a total noob to a private server if they have never played Runescape or a private server. Of course if you don't have people in your school who play private servers this will not be a viable option.

Youtube: This is probably the most popular choice for advertising as Youtube has a very large audience base, this is recommended for those who have already got a channel with a good subscriber base, although you can make a totally new channel and still get the message out. I personally find this much easier then going to individual people and asking them to join the server as people who click on your video will already be looking for a private server.

Voting: This method of advertising is very good, but it does mean that you receive your reward for around 30 seconds of your time. This improves our ranking on the top list and therefore increases our exposure to new people on the community.

What to do after you have advertised:

After advertising you will need to do a few things to prove that you have advertised.

If you have invited a real life friend or someone off Skype/MSN you have to:
- Take a screenshot of the person ingame saying that you have invited them into the game.
- Make a thread in general discussion with this proof, (you can send a link with the image going to a site such as tinypic).

If you have made a youtube video you have to:
- Make a thread in general discussion and provide a link to your youtube video.

Also, if you have xats, make a chatbox and promote it then embed rspsagency's chatbox to the bottom of it and tell people to go into our chat!

We also should be looking for a good advertisement team. Thanks for reading my guide.
Hope this helped and if you have anything else to add which I may have missed please reply.
Aphrodite
Aphrodite

Back to top Go down

Advertising Guide Empty Re: Advertising Guide

Post  mod aaron Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 pm

i offically love this post Very Happy

mod aaron

Back to top Go down

Advertising Guide Empty Re: Advertising Guide

Post  Aphrodite Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 am

mod aaron wrote:i offically love this post Very Happy

Well its useful for someones Very Happy